Join us Sunday, May 8, 2016 – Mother’s Day – for our Chosen Spot Plant Expo and Sale!
Cost: $2:00, Children under 12 free
Come enjoy the Spring Gardens, tour the Home, buy plants & bouquets, and learn about plants (and bugs!) from a variety of local plant groups.
- SSU Biology Outreach will be running a Bug Hunt for the kids (and adventurous adults<g>!)
- Free Sunflower Seeds by Sunflowers for Santa Rosa
- Clay Pot Painting
- The Plant Sale in the Courtyard will include grafted varieties of Luther’s fruit trees as well as flowers and vegetables.
- Pick up a spring bouquet cut from the Gardens.
- Book signing by Michele Krueger, author of Luther Burbank: The Man Who Scattered Pollen Underneath the Sun: a book of children’s poems about Luther and his work.
- The Home will be set up as an Open House .
- The Gift Shop will be open.
- We will be handing out carnations according to tradition.
Also in keeping with recent tradition, Apple Tree Morris of Sebastopol will be dancing. Morris is a festive seasonal dance that dates back hundreds of years to the farming communities of the Cotswold Hills in Southern England. It’s boisterous, athletic and colorful and a perfect way to celebrate the change of seasons.
Parking: Street Parking on Santa Rosa Ave (free, limited time) and Sonoma Ave (metered.) Also, parking available at the Parking Garage on 1st Street (behind the Roxy Theater, one block away): free on weekends